Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hummingbird





In Native American culture, a hummingbird symbolizes timeless joy and the Nectar of Life. It's a symbol for accomplishing that which seems impossible and will teach you how to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances.


As I do every week, I sat on Sweetie's bed when we had our Sunday evening phone call. Today, I had her window open, it was an absolutely gorgeous day. In front of her window is a beautiful rose bush, which is in full bloom right now. As we are talking I look out the window and see a hummingbird eating nectar from one of the blooms. I share this with Sweetie. She was really excited to hear this and she said that hummingbirds are a symbol of hope and she liked that...like this was meant to be. We had a wonderful hour and forty five minute conversation this evening. We started planning our trip down to visit her. She asked if she could have our last name because she didn't want hers. Cris and I talked to her about if she would like to choose a different middle name, she wants to because her middle name is her biological mothers name. She asked me if I was her biological child what would I name her? I thought about it for a bit and responded that I would name her Sweetie. She asked me what color my eyes were. She was happy to hear that they were light blue like hers. She said she did not remember what color her biological mothers eyes were. I asked her if talking about things like this was hard. And she admitted it was, but she liked to talk to me. We talked about Ms D, who is our attachment therapist. She is open to seeing her when she moves, which is great. That will help, since we are starting with her immediately! 
She must have said 10 times that she wishes we were visiting next weekend... so do I. Just 2 more Sunday evening conversations until we get to see her! As of right now we are planning a trip to a water park with her foster mother and foster brother. That will be a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment