Friday, January 20, 2012

Kinship Care



You know it is going to be a crazy day when you get a milk shower at 4 in the morning! Yeah, I started my day with Tiny vomiting formula all over me and herself. The day had to get better after that.

I did a lot of running around today but at the end of the day it was all good!
 But we got some real good news. We don't have to wait for our foster license to come in to get Leah officially. The babies social worker should be able to transfer kinship care from Aunt & Uncle over to us! We will be discussing doing this at next Friday's Family meeting :) One step closer to making Leah our daughter legally. There is still a very challenging road ahead of us. But this is a big step in the right direction. The social worker seems very knowledgeable. With Kinship Care she will have to do home visits 2 times a month until we are able to adopt Tiny.

I am wiped out but overall I am happy. I just feel this is going to happen.

1 comment: