Friday, August 19, 2011

Faith

Faith is all we can have now. Faith that our paper work is making it's way through the proper channels... Faith that we will make the right decision for both ourselves and our children when it comes time for matching....Faith that our children are currently out of harms way, sleeping safely this evening.

Many are already up to speed because of face book, but for those who don't know. Our new Social Worker Monica has been on top of everything. She is getting information on that 9 year old brother and his younger sister. In addition another social worker contacted her about us, because she has a sibling group in Caldwell County. That is about and hour and a half away. We are waiting on more details, but our wait will most likely go into next week, since it is Friday night.

This was a fabulous week of networking with adoptive parents. Monday evening I met up with a group of women from the Charlotte Mommies board. We met up at this cute little ice cream shop called Aloha Snow. Great ice cream and really cute decor...they had ukuleles hanging up all over the walls. The owner is also an adoptive mom.
Yesterday evening I met up in person for the first time with Kim. She is a board member for SPAFA (Southern Piedmont Adoption and Foster Association) She can equipped with so much for me! She gave me a book on how to make a Life Book with our child. I particularly liked that!! Kim is such a phenomenal woman... she has such a passion for the adoption community. Our time together was priceless!!!
I felt instantly like I have a friend who gets it... all of it! The good and the bad. I can tell already that we will become such great friends.

This process has been awesome for opening ourselves up to new people. The people we have let in have become so dear to us so quickly! I am so happy with our life right now.
I know that we will have more ups and downs than we can ever imagine. We will feel joy and sorrow beyond anything either of us has ever experienced...but it just feels right. Like this IS what we should be doing.

So for now I pray and have FAITH that the family we are meant to have will become our family...I am just hoping it is sooner than later...because I have alot of trouble with Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment