Monday, December 05, 2011

Sometimes you need a change in directions

We have decided to start looking into transferring our case to a different adoption agency. It just should not be this difficult. Throughout my life I have always pushed through whatever obstacles got in my way and got the result I was looking for. No matter what the challenge. I have been thinking of this a lot and than Sunday during church, Pastor Bruce was sharing a story about his son. He said that he shared with his son one of the most profound thing he may ever hear and that is, sometimes you just lose. That you are not meant to always win. Now losing is not something I am particularly fond of, but who ever is? Now, I do not believe anywhere in my heart that we are meant to completely quit our journey. But maybe we are meant to take a different path to get to our destination.
I have contacted Lutheran Family Services of the Carolinas (LHS) about transferring our case. I am grateful to a great friend who has given us the information on this agency. I have to respect that my friend's social worker adopted her own child through LHS. We will see what they say about transferring our case to them. It is my understanding that the agency that completes the home study is the one who gets paid for it from the state.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that the right path is going to open up for us. Thanks!

1 comment: