Saturday, September 03, 2011

Facebook Game


Everyone who has been on this adoption journey with us for the last 8 months knows that my path to adoption has been a difficult one. This past week my facebook mailbox and many friends status' have been taken over with this stupid game that is severely insensitive to anyone who is going through or has been through the difficulties of infertility. This is something that has bothered me all week. I didn't participate, but I also didn't say anything, because I was thinking it was me just being over sensitive. One of the woman I have met in my adoption networking posted this blog entry in her status a couple days ago...
Regarding Facebook Breast Cancer
I couldn't have worded it better! It was so nice to see that I am not alone! So many women I know and so many that I don't know have also been feeling the same way. With that being said, if you are one of my facebook friends,please do not private message me asking me to participate in something that is a huge reminder of something I have never been able to write or ever will be able write in my status. Thank you!

Want to support locally (Charlotte)... consider supporting Camp Care!
There is a 5K here next weekend that Cris & I are walking in to raise money to send children who have cancer, are in remission or siblings to 1 week of summer camp in Lake Lure. Click here to do support: http://campcare.org/walkathon.php



1 comment:

  1. The feeling is mutual with the silly game. I never understood how a stupid facebook game is helping ppl with a illness.
    XOXO
    Much love to you Jen!!!!

    ReplyDelete