Friday, February 11, 2011

Things to think about

So I woke up this morning again this morning in full panic mode.... thinking there is so much to do, but where do we start??

I know I will get answers next Saturday when we meet our social worker. When someone finds out they are pregnant they have 9 months to plan and get things ready. And then you come home with this little bindle that just in my fathers words just "eats,sleeps and shits". When you bring home an older child there is so much more to think about.

The hardest part is the not knowing. Not knowing what to expect of the process and wondering will I be a great parent? I want to be. I think I will be. I know it will be so hard for me to reign myself back and not just go with the first wounded soul that we see. There are so many children that need homes, how do you know which child you are meant to choose.
There are videos of some of the older children here: Adoption Chronicles . There are a few I would be interested in meeting. However, I believe Cris would prefer a younger child.


So, next Saturday will hopefully be very insightful. I am excited to get going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment