Sunday, June 23, 2013

Brighter Days

'

It has been a while since I was able to write from a place of hope and peace. We have had a good couple of weeks with Sweetie. I am not sure if it her medication changes or that she was able to let off some of her anger during a fight a couple weeks ago, but Sweetie has been in a much better place. 
Whatever the reason, I will take it! This weekend was the first time we went a whole weekend without any issues. It was so nice to be able to just be a family. Sweetie seems to really want to work on things. Reactive Attachment Disorder is many times called an attachment dance. Sometimes it is 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. I am enjoying the dance forward right now, but can't help but anticipate the steps backwards that we will be doing again in the future. 

I am glad that she is starting to have some signs of improvement because whether she is ready or not she will most likely be getting discharged in August. The state has indeed changed the length of stay for all PRTF's to 6 months. This saddens me so much. Not just for us, but for all of the children that this effects.
And as I have written before, their recommendation is to do foster care or a group home. I will not put her back with a foster family. That is not an option for us, so she will be coming home. I am working on lining up resources. My biggest challenge is finding someone to work with her between when school ends and when I get home from work. Finding someone who can be kind, but firm with Sweetie. Someone that won't be able to be manipulated. Finding the right person will be challenging, but I believe God will provide as he always has when we are in need. 

Not sure what is going on with the baby right now. We are still waiting to see if Sweetie's sister returns. Last she talked to her social worker she told them she was in Michigan. They don't believe that story, but it doesn't look like she wants to come back anytime soon. After her being on the run 60 days, the state can start the proceedings for her rights to be terminated. It is harder to not get excited the closer to the 60 days we become. 

I am not sure what will happen, but I have a feeling August is going to be a completely insane month. I better rest up in July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment