Saturday, August 27, 2011

Generosity



Today was a day full of Generosity. I organized a fundraiser for The United Mitrochondrial Disease Foundation in support of Team Saving Savannah. There were so many people that helped make this evening such a fabulous success.
My friend Dawn who helped run around doing errands for tonight. Her daughters Hannah and Sydney who helped pass flyers, sold raffle tickets and helped with anything needed...Oh yeah and a special thanks to Hannah for an awesome sandwich for dinner! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have had anything!!
My firend Shelli for Coming at 2 this afternoon to help move furniture around in the Manor House.
For filling in for one of the vendors since they could not make it and for helping to clean up at the end.
Most of all for being one of the best friends I have ever had in my life.
 All of the vendors who donated items for the raffle, spent their evening working the event and for donating portions of their profits.
All of our neighbors for coming out to shop... (especially Amy who did some super shopping :) )
Marcia couldn't make it so she sent money to purchase raffle tickets.
But most of all I was surprised by the kindness of one of my friends.
My friend Ryan, first bought $20 in raffle tickets. Then he saw the girl who the fundraiser was for. He asked me some questions. After I told him about Mitrochondrial Disease and about some of the struggles that Savannah has, he asked if we would take a check... I am thinking he wanted to donate $50 or something like that... He hands me a check for $300! I am absolutely overwhelmed with the thoughtfulness of his gift.

I don't think Savannah was feeling too hot this evening. She spent the time resting with her head on her mom's shoulder as she was held. Even though she wasn't feeling great, she still had her precious smile.

Although this evening is over, I am going to continue to try to raise money for the 5k we are doing in October. Cris and Shelli are both going to walk with me!

In a world filled with so many people who don't care for others, it was great to see so many people giving to
someone else. Many of the vendors have never met Amber or Savannah. It gives me hope that there are still lots of good people in this world! I am so fortunate to have so many of them in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment